Monday, September 14, 2009

How {where} I spent my summer vacation...

Even though we live right smack dab in hands down one of the best beach towns in {my opinion} the world, we do like to escape to our own personal nirvana over at my parents home and enjoy their salt pool...it's heaven! The girls and I escape over there at least a few times a week and enjoy not only swimming but my parents beautiful home and yard as well.
I took the opportunity the other day to do a little photo shoot with my girls. I just got the new Jcrew kids catalog and the front cover had these two girls with their hair braided together. So I tried it with them...
Pretty neat, huh? My girls are ALL hair:
Picture washing, brushing and taming THAT everyday! But it's gorgeous and I could NEVER cut it off...I think my husband would physically be in pain if his girls did not have long, flowing mermaid hair. I'm desperately trying to grown mine back out after a shoulder length bob...my hair is just like theirs when it's long, so I was thinkin' I was being smart cutting it shorter in order to tame it, but all I got was the dreaded puffy piramid head. It's getting there...I have about 5 more inches to go to catch up with them
Since my parents are wine enthusiasts (read: wine freaks), they of course grow grapes...
This odd fellow is tucked under one of the grape trellises. Then there's Easter Island Man settled in over by the picnic area...my girls like to talk to him...
We love it at Oma and Opas!


No comments:

Post a Comment